Please refer to the following steps and information as you prepare to apply to the joint M.S.W. program.
Applicants will choose from two versions of the program application, depending on which criteria you meet:
Generalist application criteria:
- You do not have a B.S.W. degree from a program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than social work.
- You do not have a bachelor’s degree, but will complete one by Fall 2018.
Advanced Standing application criteria:
- You have a B.S.W. degree from a program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- You do not have a B.S.W., but will complete the degree by Fall 2018.
Additional criteria for ALL applicants:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 hours of bachelor’s level coursework.
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) required.
- International applicants: must meet English language proficiency examination requirements for TWU and UNT.
How to apply
- Applicants must complete and submit a TWU-UNT Joint M.S.W. program application for admission to the Generalist or Advanced Standing program before the application deadline. The respective applications are available for download below. To complete the form, you may need to use a program such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, available from get.adobe.com/reader.
- The joint M.S.W. program will determine whether or not your program application meets the basic admission requirements, and will notify you via email about the decision. If you meet the requirements, the program will send information about how to complete the ApplyTexas application for admission. Meeting the program application admission requirements does not necessarily guarantee acceptance.
- The ApplyTexas application will include an application fee. There is no fee for the preliminary admission screening.
We are full! Accepting Waitlist Applications Only for Fall 2018.
See the banner at the top of this page for details